|David G. White, PhD|
David Gordon White, PhD, a specialist in South Asian religions, and the author of several books on yoga will present a special all-levels workshop on "The Embodied History of Yoga" alongside Yoganand Michael Carroll, Dean of the Kripalu School of Yoga at the Kripalu Centre for Yoga and Health, Stockbridge, MA. Running between August 2–7, 2015 (Sunday–Friday, 5 nights), the workshop promises to be one of the most engaging and informative yoga events to take place over summer 2015. As you likely know, Kripalu tends to fill up its spots quickly for its summer events; and this workshop, in particular, (a real opportunity for anyone wanting to learn more about the practice of yoga) is worth booking early.
Register for the workshop at Kripalu, or call 866.200.5203
|Yoganand Michael Carroll, Dean of Kripalu School of Yoga|
Discover how you can integrate yoga’s rich history into your personal practice, through
- The study of yogic symbolism and its application to practitioners today
- The paradigms of chariot warfare, Ayurveda, demonology, goddess worship, sacred geography, alchemy, and the time-space continuum
- Deep introspection and personal exploration in a safe community
- Morning practice led by Yoganand, illuminating material covered the previous day
- Partner and group discussions.